CITIC Bank Marriott Bonvoy® Co-Branded Credit Card Application Member Accounts FAQ
Applying for the Marriott Bonvoy® CITIC Co-Branded Credit Card? If you are an existing member, you will automatically be assigned a new Marriott Bonvoy member number once the card is approved.
Have other queries? Read through our FAQ for details on co-branded credit card benefits, impact on Marriott Bonvoy member benefits, steps on member account merger, and more.
Can I use my current Marriott Bonvoy® Membership Number to apply for the CITIC
Bank Marriott Bonvoy Co-branded Credit Card?
- No. When you open a CITIC Bank Marriott Bonvoy® Co-branded Credit Card, you will automatically receive a new Marriott Bonvoy Member Number.
After I applied for the CITIC Bank Marriott Bonvoy® Co-branded Credit Card, I
received a new Marriott Bonvoy Membership Number. I was already a Marriott Bonvoy
Member – how do I merge the two accounts?
- If you have two or more Marriott Bonvoy accounts in your name, you may request to have them combined after the account(s) are 30 days old.
- Find out how you can merge both Marriott Bonvoy accounts here: Have Multiple Marriott Bonvoy ® Accounts?
- You can choose to keep either Marriott Bonvoy account as your account going forward. When you merge two accounts, all relevant information from each account is applied to the active account. The account merge takes up to 14 days to complete. You may log on to your account through Marriott.com (English), Marriott.cn.com (Chinese) or the Marriott Bonvoy app to confirm when your accounts have been combined. Until the merging process is complete, we recommend that you use the Marriott Bonvoy account with the higher Elite status when making a reservation.
When I merge my two Marriott Bonvoy accounts, will my Marriott Bonvoy Elite
- Combining accounts may bring you to a higher Elite status. You will receive the status upgrade within approximately 45 days, when your account merge process is complete.
When I merge my two Marriott Bonvoy accounts, will my Elite Night Credits
- Elite Night Credits earned under the two accounts will be combined only when obtained through paid stays and by signing up for a Marriott Bonvoy credit card as a benefit from a single Marriott Bonvoy credit card.
- Elite night credits earned under the two accounts will be combined when obtained through paid stays and by signing up for a Marriott Bonvoy credit card. Elite night credits from two or more Marriott Bonvoy credit cards will not merge.
If I do not merge my two Marriott Bonvoy accounts, can I still receive the
benefits of the CITIC Bank Marriott Bonvoy® Co-branded Credit Card?
- Yes. You can still enjoy the benefits of your CITIC Bank Marriott Bonvoy® Co-branded Credit Card, including accelerated earning of Marriott Bonvoy points through your card’s Elite status. However, your co-branded credit card related benefits will only be linked to one of your Marriott Bonvoy member accounts.